We Are The Dreamers!

We Are The Dreamers!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Taylor's Principal Awards Interview

Last Sunday, which was on the 25th of September, Yuan Ting, Low and I went to Taylor's College Subang Jaya for Taylor's Principal Awards' interview! I must say it was a valuable experience as it was my first interview for a scholarship! *trying very hard to forget about the embarassing AFS interview*
Our slot was at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. so we reached at around 9.45 a.m. I guess, as it was better to reach early than to reach late. Hehe. After the registration, we were required to enter Lecture Theatre 2 for a short briefing session. The briefing session turned out to be longer than I had expected. Around 1 hour maybe. We were given an explanation about the scholarship (mainly about leadership) and given tips on the Do's and Don'ts during an interview. It's kind of funny how they emphasised on HANDSHAKE almost 70% of the whole briefing session. And NO SWEATY PALMS! Lol.

As soon as the briefing session ended, we were allowed to throw them any questions at all regarding the scholarship and Taylor's College. I can still remember someone asking, "How many questions does the interviewer ask?" which was around 4 to 5 questions. It was a one-to-one interview where each person was interviewed for about 20 minutes.

Then the nerve-wrecking moment arrived!! *insert creepy music here*

All of us were separated into 2 groups, Group A and Group B. Coincidentally, (I'm not even sure if it was, haha) all the three of us were assigned into the same group! But different interviewers. Haha. There were like so many interviewers! Each group was then divided into 3 person per interviewer and we were required to sit outside the interview room for our turns. It was pretty scary I tell you. I was the second person to enter and you couldn't imagine how nervous I felt. I could feel the butterflies dancing in my stomach. However, the staff there sat beside me and tried to calm me down by chatting with me about my future and her job in Taylor's College. I failed to get her name. Lousy, I know. I only got to know that she works at the Exam's Unit. Oh well. Well yeah, but she gave me some tips about Psychology and said that I could pop by any time for more advice on that. Haha. Oh and I looked at the paper on the door with Ms. Rowena written on it. I made sure that I pronounced her name correctly before entering. Lol. I asked the staff for quite many times if my pronunciation was correct. XD

Tada! It was my turn. T_T

I entered the room with my hands as cold as ice. Lol. From the first look, I knew that she was friendly already! She was smiling at me when I entered and offered to shake hands even before I did so. ;) So yeah, she asked all the basic questions like : 

"Tell me more about yourself" (She asked me how to pronounce my name. Lol.)
"Do you like being the only child?"
"Tell me about your parents"

These are the questions she asked me in the beginning to calm me down and build a rapport I guess. Hehe. Then came the real business :

"What is your favourite subject"
"Which clubs are you active in in school"
"What have you contributed to the society? Are you involved in any activites out of school?"
"What course would you like to take and why?"
"Which university do you wish to pursue your future studies in?"
"Did you participate in any academic competitions? Tell me more about them."

Feel free to ask them any questions after the interview. They would be delighted to help you. Hehe. As for me, I asked during the interview. I asked if she could explain more to me about Psychology. Oh she's so kind. (Y) So yeah. Those were the basic questions an interviewer would ask aye? There were more but I don't really remember. Lol. You will get to see more questions during the briefing session. I realised that there was no need to feel nervous at all because Ms. Rowena was so kind. :D

So whether or not I get the scholarship, I really appreciate this golden opportunity that I owned. Thank you, Taylor's College! :D

What's next? Pictures, of course! :D


Look at those eyebags of mine. T_T Gotta get some good sleep.






1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Intan Shahirah. First of all, I would like to say HYE. I know, it might be awkward when there is a stranger view and comment in your blog.But, I would like to ask a few question. This Saturday, I'm going to attend The Principal's Award scholarship, the same thing that you have attended.So,I would like to ask , during your interview session , is there any global or current issues that the interviewer asked to you? And if yes, what question is that? Second, are you alone with the interviewer in the interview room and what the hardest question that you can't answer? I'm really sorry and really,really,really need your help. TQ.

    ReplyDelete