We Are The Dreamers!

We Are The Dreamers!

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Joy and Sorrow of August

It has been a month since my last post huh?
It seems that y interest in blogging, my enthusiasm in everything,
have evaporated from my body. Sigh.
Gah, i need them back.

Back to business. I have so many words to say but i doubt i can spill it all out in one post. First and foremost, I would like to congratulate Mian En for winning a FREE trip to Japan at the end of the year. Like ding said, i knew that you're gonna get it after you were shortlisted to the forgotten-what-programme. Still remember who asked you all to join AFS in the first place, huh? Better thank that "person"! :)
Not to forget Xin Er and Wendy too. Though Xin Er can't make it, it is still a blast that you got it. And, i'm looking forward to see a slim and sexy Wendy after she comes back from Turkey. *wink

Moving on. Trip to Germany huh? :)
It was really fun, like i said to everyone else. I'm lazy to type it out. Pictures will tell the story. :)
The building behind was our living place for the first few days. It was called the Schloss Colditz Castle. Basically, on the first day we did nothing because we gotta wait for the Hongkong team and Japan team to arrive at night. So we just walked around the street.

  This lady was our tour guide in Germany. She was as tall as...Michael Jordan (couldn't think of any basketballer). And guess what, she still hadn't knew whether it was a baby girl or boy in her stomach, even though she gonna give birth in 6 more weeks. A surprise, i called it. I think i'm gonna do the same thing when i pregnant. It seemed fun. Lol.



My jaw was opened widely when i saw the number of japanese on the second day; 55 kids and 10 adults. Never i thought that it would be such a large number of people joining this team. Hongkong team was like us, 3 kids and one adult. I was divided into different room and different group from my team, as expected. Nonetheless, i was glad that i had a hongkong-nese, Gigi in same team and room with me. So when the japanese kept talking over don't-know-what with japanese language, Gigi and me would look at each other, saying 'We are being left out, again!'

This is Gigi. I think she is smart. She joins the school debate and, she is now diploma in both her piano and violin grades. Look, how god treats her and she is now only 15. *envy* I communicated with her in cantonese, since you know my cantonese *erhem* is *erhem* kinda *erhem* good. Haha. We often stick together whenever we go.

On second day, we visited Auterwitz to lean different kinds of herbs. We even cook the lunch, (Fake one lah of course, we just cut bawang and some sayur-sayuran.), or helped to cook lunch.
Look how expert i was when it came to cooking. lol, wendy would probably agree with me, right? 

One of my favourite picture, despite of the finger

We had treasure hunt in the evening. Guess what the treasures were; *drum rolls* Empty plastic and glass bottles. At the check point, we recycled those bottles through a machine and managed to earn some money.

 
Let me think what we did on third day. Erm, we visited the organic farm if i had not mistaken. To be frank, i don't really like going to that farm. It was like going to Zoo Negara. But still, i did learn something from there such as how did the animals survive during winter, how we grap(?) milk from cow, the importance of pig (yupe you heard me right, i said pig) and so on. I didn't post the pictures in farm up in facebook as i think it would bore you guys. Pardon me.
In the evening, we visited one of the 21000 windmill in Germany. I thought we got the opportunity to climb all the way up but i was ended up with disappointment. They just gave us a detailed explanation on wind energy, below the windmill. And this was what they called a visit. :S
 


Fourth day was all about solar panel and do-it-yourself part. I made one and of course, a success one. I wanted to bring it back all the way to Malaysia to let you all see but it ended up broken. It couldn't be helped.
That's the mini solar panels. If you put it under the light, the fan will turn and that's how it work. 

We had shopping here. :) 


For the next two days, i stayed with host family. That's the homestay programme. Though we had difficulty in communication, they were friendly and kind to both of us, Hikari, my japanese partner, and me. They brought us sight-seeing in Dresden, some castles and mountain.

My host parents and Hikari.

Malaysia team and Hongkong team,

The ang-mo-lang in the first row was our team's translator, who translate german to english. While the lady behind her was the HK's translator. I got very close with her in Germany. I spent my last day in Germany with her after the Japan and HK team left.


Last picture to share with;
Dresden (!)

Overall, nice experience. This is the first time i go somewhere far alone, without the accompaniment of my family or friends. So yeah. :DD

Gathering in 88 steamboat was a blast too.
I guess i don't have to tell the details any more. 
I'm sorry that Xin Er and Ding couldn't make it here.
More sorry i am to those people who didn't get any fun.

Crap! I'm horizontally challenging. :(

Not to forget my sweet 16th.
Thanks Wendy and Shieh Er for the bracelet.
Thanks Xin Er for the lotion.
Thanks Low and Ding for the cup.
Thanks Xiao Yan for the book.

Appreciate it much. :)


A lot of things happened to me recently, but i guess i would put a full stop here today.   
Chao guys! 



虽然知道生死离别是再平凡不过的事,是人生必经的,
但当它悄悄的降临在我的身旁时,
我却感到崩溃,
无法接受。

2 comments:

  1. ya la ya la ... "thanks!!!"
    btw, i LOVE jungle trakking !!! u sure had a great time huh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mean treasure hunt...

    ReplyDelete