We Are The Dreamers!

We Are The Dreamers!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

THANK YOU, MY BUDDHA...

It was like, a week before, when I got to know that the results for the AFS JENESYS Selection was coming out. Sarah told us (Prema and I) that when we were standing by the Biology lab. I was TOO excited, even went to the ICT room to see if I can go online, but no teacher was there. My heart was ... pumping so fast and hard. I kept calling "Prema" (dont know why), and everytime, she would give me that-kind-of stare, asking me to calm down.

Every day, without fail, I'll check my hotmail, with a hope that I could see the word "AFS" in my inbox. And, I got a little disappointed each time. Anyway, I'll get excited again in the next few minutes. I believe, there's hope !!! Every day, I would asked around facebook if anyone got it. I felt happy for those who were chosen, imagining the fun they'll have soon and I started smiling. You know why? Bacause I couldnt control myself not to take part in that imagination.

Three days passed, I began to have a little inbox-phobia. "AFS, AFS, ... are you choosing me??? Come la e-mail...". And I got disappointed.

The night before I received the e-mail, I prayed hard to Kuan Yin and Datuk. "Please, let me get the AFS e-mail, please, and Thank You (x3)". Then I checked my inbox again, but there was no reply from AFS.

The next morning, I prayed again. "Please, let me get the AFS e-mail, please, and Thank You (x3)".

After having my breakfast, I realised that I didn't have the eagerness to check my inbox anymore. Usually, the first thing to do is to check my inbox. But today, surprisingly, I took a long time eating dim sum and read newspapers before I checked my inbox.

Calmly, I opened my inbox. AND I SAW THE WORD "AFS INTERCULTURAL PROGRAMME", with its subject : "Please Complete Your Information On Full-Application In AFS Online Application System‏". Is it you that I am waiting for??? I dont understand but I just hesitated. Then, clicked on.

"Congratulations, you were seleted to participate in an AFS Program.". I was totally paralysed. My eyes grew huge. I maintained that pose for around 1 minute, and I shouted, jumped and then went crazy. My aunt, who was just sitting behind me, was shocked. I didnt explain to her that time though.

The 1st one to know this Shieh Er, since I was chatting with her. The next is Xin Er.

I rushed out to the the phone then started dialling my mom's number. Before I could say anything...
"Got already huh..."
"Yayayayayaya"
"Why're u crying then?"
"No, I am not"
"U want me to call papa? Or u want to call yourself?"
"I will call myself, bye !"

My mom was calm huh... (and my papa too...)

Then, I called Ding. Ding was excited on my behalf. And that moment I was really crying... I must thank her for having such a confidence in me before this. "Thank you, Ding !!!"

I tried to call Yuan Ting but I couldn't get her. Wendy, she knew it before I gave her a call, so... I decided not to call her (I could predict her reaction though--"So???").

I told everyone at home, my grandma, grandpa,... and they started "worrying" for me...

Then, I started searching information -- winter clothes, the climate in Japan and stuffs like that... (efficient, right???)

Thank you, my Buddha !!! Thank you, my family. Thank you, my friends...

5 comments:

  1. Is gonna be winter time right?
    :D You gonna like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Lol. xD

    Yeah, you're going to like it and you can see snow IF YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, mine would be summer though... No snow, only heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Thanks for calling me. I said, "Ya, I know." I didn't say "So?"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SYT and YSE : Yeah, SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I REALLY WANT TO SEE SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Xin Er : Enjoy ya !!!

    Wendy : Maybe u read the blog before I called u... anyway, "Ya, I know." and "So?" has one same characteristic = calm... HAHA !!! at least 50%-60% correct le...

    ReplyDelete